Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Garlic

Hi, Readers! People have told me at shows that they've been reading the blog. Thank you! :)

This past weekend was the Garlic Festival. It was our first time doing it. We'd heard there would be 60,000 people. I made 99 garlic pendants. Well, the weatherpeople thought it was going to rain all weekend long (and people believed them), so attendance was way down. It was actually a beautiful weekend. We ended up doing fine with the regular line, but we have quite a few garlic pendants left. If anyone has any ideas for me on how to market them, please let me know! There's a picture of the garlic pendant in the previous blog post.

I have some jewelry pictures for you. The first picture contains my process coins. You can see, from left to right, the evolution of a Flower half dollar bracelet piece. As always (though not pictured), the coin is visible on the back.



Here are two new Indian necklaces, each made with a Pushout Indian Dollar. The first is a 3-piece necklace with 2 Indian Head pennies and the second is a 5-piece necklace with pennies and nickels.





Here's a 5-piece necklace with a Morgan dollar, 2 Walking Liberty half dollars and 2 Standing Liberty quarters.



Finally, here's a picture of the Yin and Yang pendants, cut from a single half dollar, to be shared and worn by two people.



We'll see some of you at Rhinebeck this weekend! :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My sister just brought your work to my attention. Quite lovely. I especially love this design.